My Surf :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Surf :)

This is my surf, not sure what to do to the alloys?
    Attached Files

Looks good.

How much do you want to spend and what sort of condition are they in right now?

A tube of autosol and a rag will do wonders if you are on a budget or a full powedercoat refurb if pockets are a little deeper. I would always be wary of just sticking a coat of 'alloy paint' on as its not a longterm fix.

Comment

you start with paint stripper.

then acid bath and shot blast.then wet and dry,start at 180,then 400,600,800ans finish with 1200.best done on a lathe if possible

drill out plastic bungs,and tap M8 for shiny s/steel cap heads

then,Autosol is your friend,take time,small circles,and the results are worth while

centers are from roughtrax,£6 each

Comment

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
        Looks good.

A tube of autosol and a rag will do wonders if you are on a budget or a full powedercoat refurb if pockets are a little deeper. I would always be wary of just sticking a coat of 'alloy paint' on as its not a longterm fix.
        I have been given a budget by the missus as i have other things to get ie: Suspension lift and to take the side steps off as well as painting the underside.

Comment

done this due they weren't the best looking

removed the little plastic nuts, and painted it centers are from roughtrax too

then put a reflective strip, that you can choose color, even black, that reflects white by night
          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewd Lux Lover View Post
            Looks good.

I have a budget of £2k from the missus, thats for lift kit, new tyres and wheel refurb. The alloys are really bad, so i would like them back to how they should be ie; "look at me". what company is the one in gloustershire and does it have a website? cheers Daz

Comment

Working...
            X