Batteries for 1992 SSR-G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries for 1992 SSR-G

So my hilux has been sitting at an airport for the last few months about 6 hours from where I took a new job. A buddy of mine is going near there next week so I want to go get it and bring it home. I know the batteries were already on their last legs and it's been -40C plenty of nights so I'm sure the batteries are shot. Regardless I don't want to get out there and not be able to get it started because the batteries are shot.

I'm in Canada so I can't just call up a parts store and have them look up what batteries are in it. Could anyone give me an idea of what to order here in Canada? Or even dimensions of the battery so I made sure I get something that fits.

I use Varta G68 and G69, no problems with them at all

Comment

got optima batteries one yellow, other red. never a problem, dont have the codes, but i post them as soon i got them
      the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

red,or yellow, 4.2s got them since 2012, and still going strong, form camping, winching, flood lights, power converter,.......
        had a crash in january last year, the yellow one, the outer cover cracked on the side, checked for leaks, nothing, still going well, even with that crack, very recommended them to anyone, the only thing i did is an isolator for every battery, if camping, i will use the yellow till its flat, then use the red for start.
        hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by budweiser View Post
          red,or yellow, 4.2s got them since 2012, and still going strong, form camping, winching, flood lights, power converter,.......
          had a crash in january last year, the yellow one, the outer cover cracked on the side, checked for leaks, nothing, still going well, even with that crack, very recommended them to anyone, the only thing i did is an isolator for every battery, if camping, i will use the yellow till its flat, then use the red for start.
          hope it helps
          Pricey battery at $230 for each one, they seem to have great reviews. I'll be picking some up this weekend. Thanks! I appreciate the advice.

Comment

be sure the negative/positive are on the right position for the surf.
            i dont know if makes a difference, but i fitted the red by the driver/alternator side, and yellow for the other.

Comment

Sorry to necro...

What did you guys do about the wee size of the Optimas? I got a red top for starting (only just fitted the second battery bay) and I had to jam a bit of wood under the battery arm so it didn't dance around in the engine bay. If you guys came up with a more elegant solution, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, are the yellow tops that good? They seem to have bugger all Ah compared to some other leisure/deep cycle batteries that I've seen.

Comment

Working...
              X