X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *DANGER WILL ROBINSON* - Warwickshire 4x4 & PTT Autos

eBay Fiasco - Warwickshire4x4 #290903651383 & tiggybearho #140950599488

Purchase of eBay item 290903651383

I won this Gen 3 SSR-X @ 9:04 pm on Tue 23 April 2013 + immediately sent my telephone contact details via eBay message to complete the sale.

I couldn't believe it, I had actually won & a real snip @ £2,251.....well, you know what they say about things that look too good to be true

The seller contacted me via text on the following Wednesday morning, requesting that I phone him.

I telephoned him back to arrange collection for Saturday 27th, the seller also kindly offered to collect me from Railway Station upon arrival....all appeared well.

I went ahead & Bought a one-way train ticket to Hinckley that Wednesday evening & telephoned the seller to confirm my Saturday morning arrival time, he looked forward to meeting me.

Low & behold, Friday morning I received a text from the seller, requesting that I phone him as a matter of urgency.

I smelled a rat & immediately telephoned the seller who informed me that the vehicle had suddenly developed a serious gearbox problem, he explained that the vehicle was stuck in 2nd & was about to take it to his mechanic for
    investigation - he suggested that I call him back after 3pm.

I telephoned @ 3:10pm & the seller informed me that the auto trans fluid was white - his mechanic suggested that the radiator core had burst, leaking coolant into the auto box, thus destroying the paper filters & rendering the vehicle undriveable - seller then told me I needed to arrange collection via other means (eg; transporter)......he insisted a decision had to be made within the hour as to whether or not I still wanted the vehicle - so he could arrange a local auction of vehicle as-is for that Saturday.

I informed the seller that I had thought this auction win had appeared too good to be true & he hung up.....refusing to answer all further calls.

I contacted eBay for advice via telephone, they suggested that they send a message for him to contact me, however I instead received a transaction cancellation request from the seller within the hour.

Not put off by this fiasco, I began searching for a replacement......bugger me, on Monday 29th I came across eBay item 140950599488 - not a million miles away from myself in Wrexham, seller = tiggybearho.

The Surf was on sale/offers @ £4,650 - it looked to be the exact same Surf that I had won the previous week.....it was mine alright, somehow repaired over one weekend & less the Bull-Bars.....*NOTICE THE CREASE TO REAR O/S BUMPER*

I contacted tiggybearho (actually PTT Autos Ltd of Bridgnorth, Shropshire - not Wrexham)....they basically told me where to get off, not very nice people at all.

I felt sick & went back to eBay - told them everything & left negative feedback for the original seller however, this was later removed due to seller transaction cancellation - go figure

Net result????........stress, £30 wasted on rail ticket & no action appears to have been taken against any of these dodgy c*#ts.
    Last edited by Tig; 11 July 2013, 16:30. Reason: smiley error

Looks the same one to me as well

Comment

Well spotted....we could do with a list of 'dodgy' Surf sellers and the cars they use so we can avoid them...

There was 5 the same found on Gumtree the other week.
      http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...t=79995&page=2

Comment

Working...
      X