anyone got bling alloys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...s&mid=1&mod=57

Some cheapish ones on there... nero is right. Its expensive to go low profile an it has a big change on the ride comfort!!

Still... No worse then jacking it right up so!

Comment

i just need to do a search now of the standard sizes and offsets unles someone in the know wants to tell me?

Comment

PCD = 139.7mm
        Offset for the standard 15x7 rims = -8mm

If you go for 8" wide aftermarket rims you'll want an offset of around -20mm
        Or if you go 10" wide you'll be wanting minimum -32mm or -55mm and may well have to modify the arches to prevent rubbing, depending on lift and tyre sizes.

For a nice subtle touch stick on a set of factory 16" or 17" rims from a late model hilux or shogun. If you go for 17s though be prepared to take a hit in both price and choice when it comes to replacing the tyres.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

im gonna have to have a look at the wheels i got on there now as i know the tyres are 15x10.5 wide so i may aleady have aftermarket ones on there?

and thanks for the info from all so far
          Last edited by Robmatthews; 21 March 2009, 01:02.

Comment

not neccessarily, a 10.50 wide tyre could easily be fitted on a 7" wide rim.

It's easy to get confused between tyre width and wheel width. To a lot of people the whole thing is just a bunch of numbers.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

A 10.5 tyre on a 10" wide rim looks well 'ard!.

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                not neccessarily, a 10.50 wide tyre could easily be fitted on a 7" wide rim.

It's easy to get confused between tyre width and wheel width. To a lot of people the whole thing is just a bunch of numbers.
                whoo im in that group of people!

Comment

what do you all think to these?

the raptors... http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...mod=57&wid=550

I have just been out and i have looked at my wheels the alloys are standard 15x7jj with -8 offset, if i had a brain i'd be ###### dangerous!

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
                    what do you all think to these?

the raptors... http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...mod=57&wid=550

I have just been out and i have looked at my wheels the alloys are standard 15x7jj with -8 offset, if i had a brain i'd be ###### dangerous!
                    i prefer these...
                    http://www.4x4tyres.com/index.php?sh...mod=57&wid=540

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                      they ain't all that different to factory 3rd gen wheels are they?
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
                        they ain't all that different to factory 3rd gen wheels are they?
                        nope,i prefer mine tho,luuuuuuuuurve chrome

Comment

here's mine

Auswuch 3 piece wheels made by Speed Star Racing, can get retro / rare ones like these online from States or Japan but costly, these were on mine luckily!

15" rims 31x10.5 tyres
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by BarraSSRX; 15 November 2010, 14:21.

Comment

Mine came with a colour-coded set of these Auf Der Welt split-rims on:
                            http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-HILUX-S...item4aa84135d7
                            Chrome with red centres, undamaged rims, one could do with the red touching-up though (Does anyone know the colour code?) and in very good order. Fixed on with chrome studs too and came up great with some decent alloy cleaner.
                            Bling enough for me. Certainly had some admiration from the 4x4 and Landy fans at work and standing joke that the wheels and tyres are probably worth more than I paid for the truck
                            No problem getting them mucky off-road, but must admit to buying some protectors should I ever need to put the ex-army rud-matic chains on them (Not that those chains have ever been out of the bag for anything other than our Iveco van!)
                            I am looking at buying a set of cheaper wheels to stick extreme tyres on to save risking damaging these. There has been a set listed on Ebay a couple of times with a starting price of £200. Look like they've been sprayed white and need restoring. No bids either time, so waiting to see if the bloke relists them a bit cheaper! Otherwise, I'll just pick up a set of 'fits and functional' this summer and stick some M&S on them.

Comment

How about the ones on this? Can't see the point in them myself.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

I've got 9X18 Smith Racing alloys on our 3rd gen.....

Sold the Pirelli tyres that are on them in the photo and bought a new set of General Grabber AT2s.

Comment

Working...
                                X