Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Does anyone have any tyre recommendations? My 4runner currently has some very old budget tyres which make the truck incredibly tail happy in the wet.

Looking at bfgoodrich ko2's. I need something that'll be good for driving in snow (for accessing mountain areas for winter hiking) and be safe and predictable in all seasons. The most off roading I do is driving off road to park up when hiking/camping so overly aggressive tread is certainly not a necessity for me.

Any thoughts anyone?

(been away from this forum for a while, finally bought a 1992 4runner v6 again in February)

I've got ko2's in 33x12.50 and they are awesome tyres for road use, I havnt been offroad with them yet. I can spin them up in the wet if I try but if you don't drive like a ### they'll be good to you

Comment

Id definetly recommend the BFGs - good on road and I found them good both in snow and on he odd occasions I go off road. Not too bad in the wet as long as youre fairly sensible. My front set have lasted close on 20K miles and rears still have around 40% tread left after that distance. They are quite noisey especially when new but I think thats just ATs for you.

Comment

I use maxxis tyres they last! 3.0 surfs are silly and tail happy whatever the tyre! the only ones I think are crap are those runway enduro my pickup had them on when I got it they were lethal in the wet!
        Old enough to know better but then again.....

Comment

Finally decided on a set of Yokohama Geolander all terrain (G015) 31's. £85 each from blackcircles. They've also got the 3 peak winter rating and they're a tad more road orientated than the BFG all terrains.

Comment

How are they for noise?

Comment

+1 for the BFG's. they also have one of the highest speed ratings for a 285/75/16.. if that matters to anyone!

They, um, look good too.
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

GG AT2's (reasonably quiet) have done me well over the years 95% of the time, however I do have a set of Kumho KL71 Muds (slightly noisier) on long journey's ...

16+ Years of Surfs n 9 years on Spotless it ain't but Faultless to a "T" is my KZN 130 Yota !!
                Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by sdfgsteve View Post
                  How are they for noise?
                  The yokohama's are far quieter than the old Chinese road tyres previously fitted. I don't have much else for comparison. They're also night and day difference on wet grip. No more ridiculous tail happy behaviour.

Comment

I've had a few slides with other brands but sticking with these until something better comes along: Uniroyal Rainexpert 3 SUV

"A" rated in the wet. Think this is the only "SUV" tyre with that rating. Not an off-road tyre but very good for my routes.

Last time I bought them in March they were £104 a corner.
                    Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I've been looking at the Nokian Rotiiva AT +, they seem not too bad, E mpg, A grip, A noise. A Finnish company, so I guess they know their tyres. 120 each.

Comment

Hmmm, Camskill and Oponeo list them as E in the wet :

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m64b3365s...0_16_265_70R16
                        https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...BoCakEQAvD_BwE
                        Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                          Yeah, that's the old version. The ones in looking at are "Plus". I was confused too when I first started searching for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X