Hi - Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi - Help needed!

Hi All, owner of a 97 3rd gen intercooler, had since last May and love to bits.. Been most reliable car I've ever had, bar the need for a new glow plug feed it's been unstoppable this winter.

This forum has been my saviour all of this time, however now I am stumped and need some help. I'm told I have play in the rear prop, and this is not the UJs, but the part that goes into it. Where on earth can I get one from?

Also from 35mph upwards, I hear a 'clicking' from the driver side front wheel, my mechanic reckons is to do with the prop but I'm not convinced.. Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Leon

Hi Leon

I'm in Birmingham too, with a 95 Surf which is a great drive!

Which part of Brum are you in?

All best,

Brummie Rob

Comment

Originally posted by 120sri View Post
      Hi All, owner of a 97 3rd gen intercooler, had since last May and love to bits.. Been most reliable car I've ever had, bar the need for a new glow plug feed it's been unstoppable this winter.

This forum has been my saviour all of this time, however now I am stumped and need some help. I'm told I have play in the rear prop, and this is not the UJs, but the part that goes into it. Where on earth can I get one from?

Also from 35mph upwards, I hear a 'clicking' from the driver side front wheel, my mechanic reckons is to do with the prop but I'm not convinced.. Can anyone help please?

Cheers

Leon
      "Also from 35mph upwards, I hear a 'clicking' from the driver side front wheel, my mechanic reckons is to do with the prop but I'm not convinced.. Can anyone help please?"

That sounds more like a CV joint to me if its on the front driveshaft

Can't help on the rear prop as not to sure which bit you mean. any chance of some pics ?

Comment

Anyone see the date of the original post?

Nev.

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          Anyone see the date of the original post?

Nev.
          Im guessing only you.
          Сви можемо

Comment

Front D-bushes on '94 Surf

Garage says both front D-bushes are worn.

Will they need replacing to pass MoT?

Any thoughts?

Brummie Rob

Comment

[QUOTE=Brummie Rob;836880Will they need replacing to pass MoT?

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

No idea, but if they need replacing do them, otherwise the sway bar will be rattling around under the chassis.

Nev.

Comment

Roof rack

Hi Leon

Hope your Surf is in good shape!

I'm a newbie with a 94 import - vintage, but rock solid.

Only thing is, it needs a roof rack and I need some advice on getting and fitting one.

If you're not too far away (Harborne?) maybe I could drive over and you can have a look...

Rob

Comment

Working...
                X