Idler arm rubbing chassis rail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idler arm rubbing chassis rail?

Hi, I have a 1994 KZN130 Surf (2" spring lift rear, torsion bar lift front, 32" mud tyres).

Over the last 2/3 months I started noticing an occasional rubbing noise/vibration coming from the front left, and in the last couple of weeks it's become more regular. I feel like it became a lot more prominent after taking a bit of a knock on the front left off-roading. After this I noticed a torn CV boot and had this replaced (told the mechanic about the noise) and had new front tyres fitted and a wheel alignment (mechanic didn't say anything about the idler arm. After this I went away for a weekend during which the noise was still there and pretty consistent (500k drive mainly on highway with some gravel and light off-road) this is when I had another look and noticed a bit of a gouge in the chassis rail caused by the idler arm. Whats the best course of action? Will replacing the whole arm restore the clearance?

Cheers, any help would be great!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Andrew_NZ; 25 June 2017, 20:39.

See my post on Aussie site, with suggestion originally posted on this site.
    Last edited by yorta2; 26 June 2017, 01:59. Reason: Meant "site" on last word

Comment

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
      X