Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel lines

Hi

The surf has a new problem - around the front left wheel arch the metal fuel lines have corroded to the point where tiny leaks are springing out of them. My local garage some time ago replaced the lines with rubber hose however for some reason on the line that is the return, did not cut off the metal line high enough and it is still leaking. the truck is no retired (semi) to the farm and miles away from said garage. I'm going to order some hose myself, cut the metal line where I'm into good metal that has not been getting exposed to the elements and replace the garage hose. Question though - any idea of hose diameter? I've seen this stuff on eBay and reckon the 3.2 is probably just the ticket but wonder if anyone else has done this to confirm before I order?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-2mm-1-8-...UAAOSwzrxUyjWs

Thats the stuff there.

Also, do I need to bleed the system? its not starting at the moment which is probably as much to do with the fact it needs 2 new batteries as well....

off the top of my head,
    inlet hose is 8mm and return hose is 6mm.

Comment

Thanks - Is that internal or external?

Comment

External. Tube is measured external, hose is internal.

Nev.

Comment

Awesome thanks - sorry to be dense though: what's the difference between tube and hose?

Comment

Tube is usually metal ,and although bendable, not flexible whereas hose will be reinforced rubber, plastic and flexible.
            Сви можемо

Comment

Ah OK gotcha 😊
              I've ordered a metre of 6 and of 8. I plan to cut out the bad metal up into the good stuff (which is only a few inches) and use a short section of the good stuff to join the existing hose to the new bit if that makes sense. Then if it's all good probably order a complete length of hose once I know it's definitely the right size.

In terms of getting any air out of the system will turning the engine over suck the fuel through eventually if I give the filter a good manual priming with the little pump?

Comment

a small amount of compressed air into the tank should push fuel through. be gentle tho.

Comment

Working...
                X