Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hilux surf headlights

hilux surf 3.0l td 1996 New Shape 3rd Gen

I've been trying to buy some new headlights for the surf so I can register the car in Spain and make it legal. I've tried Toyota cars UK and many dealers and importers, but with no luck. Other than be told that many other people have tried to buy headlights for Europe (mainland). I've also tried Toyota in Spain but have not had a reply. Has anyone been able to overcome the problem or do you have any suggestions for substituting other car model headlights?

At the moment I'm in Castellon region of Spain
    Last edited by ah2547; 16 March 2007, 18:55.

You need to get some from the US. if its a 2nd gen Surf, then they where sold in Europe, and any Toyota dealer should be able to get them, but you'll probably need a Vin number from a Euro 4Runner to get the dealer to find it.

If its a 3rd gen, going by the year it should be, (but some late regestered 2nd gens are 96') then it probably wasn't sold in Euroland.

I still say easiest option is US Ebay and find someone who will ship to you.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

hilux surf headlights

Tony....
      Many thanks for reply, have amended the post to indicate 3rd gen model.....and will have a good look at the States Ebay as suggested

ah

Comment

Originally posted by ah2547
        Tony....
        Many thanks for reply, have amended the post to indicate 3rd gen model.....and will have a good look at the States Ebay as suggested

ah
        Try autopartswarehouse.com and search on a 1996 4runner. They do most surf parts and will ship for a reasonable amount to europe. They also have a very useful live online sales desk where they'll search and sort your parts there and then
        ------------------------------------
        Look out! Ee

Comment

Originally posted by ah2547
          hilux surf 3.0l td 1996 New Shape 3rd Gen

I've been trying to buy some new headlights for the surf so I can register the car in Spain and make it legal.
          Good luck but the US ones dont have the CE stamp on them, so will fail the test in France (I have read on this forum somewhere).

Comment

Give Barry a ring at Roughtrax I think they sell headlights for Lefthand drive

4 Runner

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-CONTINENTAL-...QQcmdZViewItem

i know these are pickup lamps but it might be worth contacting the seller, there's also a company called eurolights or euroheadlamps or something i have seen advertised who claim to sell LHD drive lights for all UK domestic market cars, so i assume 4runners would be included. I can't find their website though. i'll have another look later on.
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Did you ever get this matter sorted, if so where did you buy the lamps from? All the fleabay sellers with the ones for the 4Runner are NOT legal in Euroland. They WILL fail an inspection. This is the problem I am having now. Can't afford RT's price for them now, especially since they have more than doubled in price in the last 3 years.

There MUST be someone/somewhere these can be purchased from with an E or CE marking, or at least the part numbers from Toyota so I can give it to a shop here in Spain. Someone pleeeeeeeease help, this is getting crazy!

Comment

I dont suppose you want to hear this, but I think you are just going to have to bite the bullet and get the RT ones. Maybe they are expensive but theyre hardly outrageous and you know that they have all the proper markings.

A swift peruse through toyodiy parts would tend to indicate that the headlamps were exclusive ( they dont appear listed against anything else when you cross reference )

http://www.toyodiy.com/
                  Last edited by Bogus; 19 July 2014, 01:02.
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                  X