Starter motor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter motor help

I have a dodgy starter motor, I can hear the pinion solenoid clicking but the motor won't spin (unless ur lucky on ur 50th try)

A quick search online shows that the motor couldn't be in a worse position

Can anybody provide the pages for changing the starter from the Lexus maintenance book?

Or if anyone fancies earning some cash in hand and helping im down for that too

Thanks
    Alex (the one with all the problems)
    Yes it's a V8, don't you know I'm loco?

This might Help

Or This

Comment

Originally posted by Growler View Post
      This might Help

Or This
      Yea thanks video looks good shame he doesn't talk in more detail

Can see myself investing in one of those manufacturer manuals

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKzn130 View Post
        Yea thanks video looks good shame he doesn't talk in more detail

Can see myself investing in one of those manufacturer manuals
        It's not a difficult job-just fiddly. It's not a job to be rushed. Once you start taking parts off to get into the "v" it will become clearer.
        On re-assembly, as he says in the video-pay particular attention to the coolant parts. Make sure mating faces are clean of any old gasket and sealer and that the coolant bridge and inlet manifold are tightened down evenly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
          It's not a difficult job-just fiddly. It's not a job to be rushed. Once you start taking parts off to get into the "v" it will become clearer.
          On re-assembly, as he says in the video-pay particular attention to the coolant parts. Make sure mating faces are clean of any old gasket and sealer and that the coolant bridge and inlet manifold are tightened down evenly.
          Yea I'm gonna download the factory service manual from toyotas TIS website, it's $15 for 2 days access but you can download as many pdf's sections as you want and keep them not a bad idea as 80% of the paper manual is useless to me as I only need the engine parts

Comment

By the way this site https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...oyota.com%252F

fecking amazing pay your $15 and download the pdf's till the cows come home, they have eveything on surfs but there listed as 4runners as its meant for the US market

i have pdf's for every eventuality

nice

Comment

belated update for those who care lol

I done the starter motor, wasn't too bad actually took 8 hours buts thats including breaks lol

amazingly it was all straight forward, followed the spec manual and actaully skipped a couple of steps ie anything to do with the egr valve cos its been deleted and also getting to the starter motor bolts was easy (i had been told its the hardest part needing special tools) think the surfs engine bay gave me few more inches around the edges

so it started first time and im happy as larry i saved several hundred pounds

Comment

if you ever do mods or engine stuff always takes pics and post them

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Working...
                X