No announcement yet.

scott-lee's V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could you clear coat the polishing with "something" to maintain those hours of hard work?

I had the idea to polish everything in a Terminator Build lol.

Comment

can't clear coat polished ali,tried to get the wheels done but no-one would touch it.that being said,i had my other wheels which were polished ,on the truck for a year,took them off this weekend,and they are still as good as the day they went on.provided the polishing is good enough,its hard for oxidisation to start.this is what they looked like january last year,when fitted.

and this is what a year of exposure to the elements ,has done to them,this photo was taken on friday.

no change at all, rarely polished when on the truck,just kept them waxed,to protect against brake dust,etc.

Comment

Originally posted by scott-lee View Post
        can't clear coat polished ali,tried to get the wheels done but no-one would touch it.that being said,i had my other wheels which were polished ,on the truck for a year,took them off this weekend,and they are still as good as the day they went on.provided the polishing is good enough,its hard for oxidisation to start.this is what they looked like january last year,when fitted.

and this is what a year of exposure to the elements ,has done to them,this photo was taken on friday.

no change at all, rarely polished when on the truck,just kept them waxed,to protect against brake dust,etc.
        Thats good stuff!

What's your budget for the build and timeframe?

also are you following a guide or from a couple of sources? or just using general mechanical knowlage (which I am lacking)

Comment

budget?, lol. who knows,mate. gaskets and bits of rubber seem to be major cost. but im replacing all the electrical stuff,leads,dizzy caps and rotors,coil packs, and new timing belt and tensioners, water pump, starter motor rebuild kit, aux belts, and a complete injectors service kit. the list is endless, depends on how far you want to go, budget wise.
          i hope to have it done by summer, my 50th birthday, in fact.
          im relying on friends who have done this before to help me out,my mechanical knowlegde is somewhat lacking, but this forum is a wealth of information.also some good sites on facebook,and general sites that deal with the 1 uzfe conversion.

Comment

looking good so far, I had a limit on mine for 6 months and now Im 19 months into it haha

Comment

Time-scales....HA! Gave myself 1 year. It'll be 3...no doubt

At least you get to drive yours, Reece

Scott...great looking work, as expected

Comment

thanks,guy's .
                both your build threads have been helpful.
                time is something im not going to think about.i know how these things can run into years

Comment

Don't think about time OR target budget.

Definitely not target budget... not when there are so many shiny things to be bought...

I'm just pricing up front and rear LSDs to go with my landcruiser axle swap at the mo... it never ends!
                  More Lift.
                  More Tyres.
                  More Engine.

Comment

Certainly a Labour of love!! I am in the "getting my truck sorted first stage".

It's comforting to know that there are people still actively doing these swaps.

In terms of a guide to follow, what's the best spoon fed/hand holding one to get you on the right path?
                    Last edited by Beardless; 28 January 2016, 20:42.

Comment

just read all the threads you can,mate.good forums on facebook as well, several in fact.all very helpful and handy for parts.

Comment

I will be happy to offer my "expertise" in doing the conversion as its no easy task but really Im still asking people for help with mine haha

Comment

slow week,busy at work,so had little time for myself.did have a few candidates for restoration.

cut and removed heat shield brackets, i intend to paint VHT black and heat wrap the headers.

Comment

You have so much more manifold space with your torsion bars!

I had to butcher mine
                            More Lift.
                            More Tyres.
                            More Engine.

Comment

Soooo frikin' Jealous - it's going to be epic!

Comment

Originally posted by BASH View Post
                                Soooo frikin' Jealous - it's going to be epic!

it will be different, thats for sure. first Transformer themed V8 conversion,lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X