Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reece2.4 View Post
    Where do the 3 wires go from the alternator on the modified loom

You need to splice them into the Surf's alternator wiring.

Let me know the Surf's wire colours and I can tell you more.

3.0 Surf's alternator plugs are a direct fit into the Lexus alternator, the 2.4 Surfs have different shaped plugs so the Lexus plug needs splicing onto the Surf's wires.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      You need to splice them into the Surf's alternator wiring.

Let me know the Surf's wire colours and I can tell you more.

3.0 Surf's alternator plugs are a direct fit into the Lexus alternator, the 2.4 Surfs have different shaped plugs so the Lexus plug needs splicing onto the Surf's wires.
      this is the alternator wiring

Comment

1UZFE ECU 4th Plug Connector

Hi Guys,
        Sorry to change the subject a bit but I'm in urgent need of some wiring guidance.
        I'm having my 1994 KZN130 2nd Gen Auto 3.0TD Surf transplanted with a 1UZFE out of an LS400.
        The guy doing most of the engine work for me (with me helping!) thinks that most of the pinouts are sorted. However, we don't have the colours of wires for the Lexus loom to ECU 4th plug and also don't have the 4th plug at all to plug in!!
        I know that Bushwhacker is the expert in this field and I'm hoping I can call upon your help.
        My IUZFE ECU is 89661-50050 with pin configuration of 26P 16P 22P 26P.
        If you could supply the colours to the relevant pins and which Surf wires connect to those that would be superb. If anyone has a plug to suit that would be even better.
        Many thanks
        Ron

Comment

this is the alternator wiring

Comment

Originally posted by RonR View Post
            Hi Guys,
            Sorry to change the subject a bit but I'm in urgent need of some wiring guidance.
            I'm having my 1994 KZN130 2nd Gen Auto 3.0TD Surf transplanted with a 1UZFE out of an LS400.
            The guy doing most of the engine work for me (with me helping!) thinks that most of the pinouts are sorted. However, we don't have the colours of wires for the Lexus loom to ECU 4th plug and also don't have the 4th plug at all to plug in!!
            I know that Bushwhacker is the expert in this field and I'm hoping I can call upon your help.
            My IUZFE ECU is 89661-50050 with pin configuration of 26P 16P 22P 26P.
            If you could supply the colours to the relevant pins and which Surf wires connect to those that would be superb. If anyone has a plug to suit that would be even better.
            Many thanks

The fourth plug is the 26 pin plug on your ECU.
            The only pins you need to connect are: (reading the pins from right to left, starting top left)

pin 1. n/a
            pin 2 n/a
            pin 3 blue/yellow - (Overdrive switch) Needs 12v to switch on overdrive)
            pin 4 black/org - (M-REL)
            pin 5 yellow/red - W. (Engine check light)
            pin 6 n/a
            pin 7 n/a
            pin 8 n/a
            pin 9 n/a
            pin 10 n/a
            pin 11 n/a
            pin 12 n/a
            pin 13 n/a
            pin 14 n/a
            pin 15 n/a
            pin 16 n/a
            pin 17 n/a
            pin 18 n/a
            pin 19 green/white BK. (To brake light switch)
            pin 20 green/yellow KD. (Kickdown) Earth via a switch to activate kickdown.
            pin 21 n/a
            pin 22 n/a
            pin 23 n/a
            pin 24 n/a
            pin 25 n/a
            pin 26 black/yellow BATT (ECU memory)

Hope that is of some help.

Comment

thanks for that vince, on another note is the connector on the oil filter housing necessary as Ive kinda snapped it off.... its the one which is really close to the engine mount

Comment

thanks for that vince, on another note is the connector on the oil filter housing necessary as Ive kinda snapped it off.... its the one which is really close to the engine mount

Thats the oil pressure switch. I have a spare here if you want it?

You need it to switch the relay on for the fuel pump.
                Alternatively, you could connect the oil pressure wire from the loom to the yellow (charge light) wire in the alternator wiring.

Comment

ECU Wiring

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                  The fourth plug is the 26 pin plug on your ECU.
                  The only pins you need to connect are: (reading the pins from right to left, starting top left)

pin 1. n/a
                  pin 2 n/a
                  pin 3 blue/yellow - (Overdrive switch) Needs 12v to switch on overdrive)
                  pin 4 black/org - (M-REL)
                  pin 5 yellow/red - W. (Engine check light)
                  pin 6 n/a
                  pin 7 n/a
                  pin 8 n/a
                  pin 9 n/a
                  pin 10 n/a
                  pin 11 n/a
                  pin 12 n/a
                  pin 13 n/a
                  pin 14 n/a
                  pin 15 n/a
                  pin 16 n/a
                  pin 17 n/a
                  pin 18 n/a
                  pin 19 green/white BK. (To brake light switch)
                  pin 20 green/yellow KD. (Kickdown) Earth via a switch to activate kickdown.
                  pin 21 n/a
                  pin 22 n/a
                  pin 23 n/a
                  pin 24 n/a
                  pin 25 n/a
                  pin 26 black/yellow BATT (ECU memory)

Hope that is of some help.
                  Thank you very much Bushwhacker, I will provide your info to my buddy and let you know how we get on.
                  I knew you'd come to the rescue.
                  Much appreciated
                  Ron

Comment

Ill just wire it to the alternator wiring

I took the housing off completely and saw that the 2 oil passages look deep enough to fit pipe fittings in if I tapped them out, has anyone ever done that?

Comment

I did find this adapter but might try to get my own made

do you have a diagram of which wires I need to use from the original loom for the speedo and crank wire etc etc.. or which ecu pin connections I can use

Comment

I did find this adapter but might try to get my own made

do you have a diagram of which wires I need to use from the original loom for the speedo and crank wire etc etc.. or which ecu pin connections I can use
                        The speedo wiring is already done, it's part of the transfercase loom.

Crank wire connections; did you look at the photos I sent with the looms?

Comment

Ive done all the wiring bar 3 things Im unsure about

tacho wire
                          oil pressure switch wire
                          kickdown

also the plug for a.d.d, is the other end of this plug inside the cabin or the engine bay?

also is this surf loom still nessecary, its the surf starter motor wire among other things

Comment

Ive done all the wiring bar 3 things Im unsure about

tacho wire..................Connect this wire to the black/white wire in the Surf's ECU plug, the plug that gets left behind when the engine is removed.

oil pressure switch wire..............Connect this wire to the 'charge' wire from the alternator. Either at the alternator or in the fusebox in the engine bay.

kickdown........Connect this wire to a pedal switch under the throttle pedal.

also the plug for a.d.d, is the other end of this plug inside the cabin or the engine bay?............... There should be another section to this wiring in the engine bay, it goes down to the front diff.

also is this surf loom still nessecary, its the surf starter motor wire among other things

You don't need any other parts of the loom from the Surf, the starter wiring is all done for you.

Comment

cheers for all that

re the oil pressure switch, one end of the wire is already connected to the alternator charge light as you mentioned a few posts ago but the other end of the wire in the cabin thats the one Im unsure where it goes

Comment

..........the other end of the wire in the cabin thats the one Im unsure where it goes

??? Got a photo?

Comment

Working...
                                X