Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom front winch bumper and rear

Hi Surfers,

The Spanish 4Runner forum people have been working in a group build of winchbars and rear bumpers.

Finally, we have the cardboard templates of the front bumper. It's almost a copy of an ARB but TJMised, without hoop.

In Spain ARB winchbars are very very expensive, so we decided to build our own and spend less in two bumpers that in an ARB, designing it to be easy and cheap to build (Cuts and bends).

Soon we will have the steel cut with high definition plasma, I think they can cut 7 sheets of metal in one pass.

Let's see some pics:

I'll post some more when we've the metal prepared.

David

PS: Mine is going with a 10000lbs winch. We've designed it to be 10000lbs winch capable.
    '94 4Runner 3.0TD - SAS'ed on 35's

We've the bumper drawn in the computer:

I don't want to have my license plate over the winch fairlead, and we've two kinds of front license plates, both are rectangular...

I plan to put my turn signals inside the side markers and then put the smallest plate we can use in one side.

David

Comment

Finally, the metal cut is done!

Laser cut is nice, the cuts are simply perfect.

Two more days and we'll have the first build, TIG and MIG welded.

David

Comment

Here there are, pics of the first one!

What do you think?

David

Comment

i think we need some templates in this country....
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

looking mighty fine..just need to test pulling lannies out of mud when finished
            Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              i think we need some templates in this country....

Better still just email the .dxf/.step file file from the PC. Most sheet metal bashers have CAM technology and those with Laser,water or plasma definatley will as we use this on a dialy basis. Drawings are becoming a thing of the past.
              Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Yes, we designed it in cardboard, then draw it with the computer and then give the files to the laser cutting shop.

My friend who's building them says the shipping would not be too expensive if we ship a lot to the UK! Hehehe

Also there is the possibility of selling the CAD files.

My bumper would be a bit different, my turn signals would be inside the clearance lenses and I'll put a pair of Hella 300 3'' fog lights in the sides of the bumper and a pair of Hella Comet 500 long range lights in the bumper with 100W bulbs.

Don't know in the UK, here there's a max of light output so we must do this trick...

David

Comment

Nice one m8y,oh and bt the way........
                  If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Thanks hehehehe

David

Comment

Hello,

Finally we aren't going to sell the drawings because with them you can build one or a hundred bumpers, or what is worst, register them as theirs...

My friend says that shipping some bumpers would not be very expensive if is a nice amount.

We've to finish the build but we hope to sell them for a bit less than 600€ (Approx. 410£ )with all (Primer, paint and clearcoat, hardware and the bumper itself).

David

Comment

fantastic job lads, should be proud of yourselves
                        Ian

Comment

Hello guys, new pics of the first finished test bumper.

We're improving a few things and will fab the brackets of one piece instead of welded ones in the next bumpers:

David

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzard
                            Hello,

Finally we aren't going to sell the drawings because with them you can build one or a hundred bumpers, or what is worst, register them as theirs...

My friend says that shipping some bumpers would not be very expensive if is a nice amount.

We've to finish the build but we hope to sell them for a bit less than 600€ (Approx. 410£ )with all (Primer, paint and clearcoat, hardware and the bumper itself).

David
                            You done a Fantastic job, Brill fellas... keep it up !! Great
                            How Engineering has changed since I was doin it, for the better by the looks of it......... Good Luck

There's always a Payback.... You just can't see it Comin !!!!
                            Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ops, I forget to post the new pics...

David

Comment

Working...
                              X