yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
      So I was 90% sure after today's tests (I've never seen that sort of spray from condensation if I'm honest).

Went to check the cap (forgot about that so, thanks Vince ) and basically the branding of Hellman's was the only thing missing!

"Is it a gasket like the top of a bottle?"

"No, it's not. It's definitely ####ing not!"

90% sure has gone to 99.9% sure.

I may get locked up for my reaction.
      Locked up?
      I was under the impression that you were only allowed out under supervision
      But I assume the sentiment is more to do with your feelings towards the vehicles vendor?
      If so I feel your pain.
      Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Yeh...but I was just ####ed off. Distance (even small) can be a good thing

I've been talking to them and we've agreed a part refund. A very reasonable outcome, really.

I could then scrap it and not be down on the car cost (depending on the scrap).

The cost of transporting the car can't be put on the vendor as that was my choice. Just put it down to experience.

If it does go to the scrappy...I will take off what I can beforehand. Maybe the cats and some other bits. Depends on how it effects scrap price. Can't be arsed to break it if I'm not getting the engine.

However...I'll be doing a compression test this weekend. All the symptoms could still be from a long-standing car that hasn't ran for ages. Slim slim chance. Just need to find out how to disable the injectors (don't seem to have a fuse). There may just be a connector to unplug. I'll look into that today. It's raining so I won't be testing today.

Comment

Yeh...but I was just ####ed off. Distance (even small) can be a good thing

I've been talking to them and we've agreed a part refund. A very reasonable outcome, really.

I could then scrap it and not be down on the car cost (depending on the scrap).

The cost of transporting the car can't be put on the vendor as that was my choice. Just put it down to experience.

If it does go to the scrappy...I will take off what I can beforehand. Maybe the cats and some other bits. Depends on how it effects scrap price. Can't be arsed to break it if I'm not getting the engine

However...I'll be doing a compression test this weekend. All the symptoms could still be from a long-standing car that hasn't ran for ages. Slim slim chance. Just need to find out how to disable the injectors (don't seem to have a fuse). There may just be a connector to unplug. I'll look into that today. It's raining so I won't be testing today.

Well, good luck with the compression test.
          I assume the worst case scenario is head gaskets?

At least you have managed to sort something out from the vendor, I have had zero luck with my issue.
          He point blank refuses to budge, it is in the arms of the eBay investigation department now so will have to wait and see.
          Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Have you sniff tested it?
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

,...............just need to find out how to disable the injectors (don't seem to have a fuse). There must just be a connector to unplug. I'll look into that today. It's raining so I won't be testing today.

Just unplug the igniters, then the engine won't fire when you crank it over.

Comment

shokenore: Good luck with yours. I haven't heard back from the vendor since they made the offer...so it's not 100%. I'll still go down if needs be. It's only just under 2hrs.

Vince: Cheers ...figured as much. I just didn't want fuel squirting in so trying to avoid that. Course...it's peeing down now.

Comment

Originally posted by shokenore View Post
                  He point blank refuses to budge, it is in the arms of the eBay investigation department now so will have to wait and see.
                  I'm surprised eBay are interested at all, there T's & C's essentially say your on your own with a car....do let us know how that goes...

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                    I'm surprised eBay are interested at all, there T's & C's essentially say your on your own with a car....do let us know how that goes...
                    Not wanting to fill the thread up with my stuff I have started a new thread in General
                    Eat.Sleep.Surf.Repeat.

Comment

Many things for me to consider...but one I've just been thinking about is my current TOAD security system. Am I going to have to ditch this and start again or will I be able to transfer it across tot he new engine management...if indeed the TOADs get involved with the ECU?

For insurance purposes I may have to get it professionally reinstalled (fingers crossed the new LS400 is a non-immobiliser version).

Edit: Looking at the install manual...it looks like it only messes with the door system and ignition. Looks like a self-contained immobiliser.
                      Last edited by Sylux; 5 November 2013, 01:06.

Comment

New LS400??
                        Most alarm/immobilisers are spliced into the ignition and fuel pump circuits, so you should be able to leave it as is.

Comment

Yeh...I didn't get to do the compression test but I'm pretty confident it's knacked. Will do it when the wind dies down (don't want crap blowing around in case it's ok).

Working on a deal with a different one and might come out of this back to square one, no money down, and a much much cleaner motor.

Comment

ps. Looks like my edit was at the exact same time as your post!

Comment

ps. Looks like my edit was at the exact same time as your post!
                              I'm typing on a Samsung Galaxy Ace, so not very fast this evening.

Comment

Ha, I have the exact same phone. Hate typing on it. Fat fingers and that.

Anywho...you're input is always graciously received. No matter how it's sent

Comment

Working...
                                X