yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sylex - A Long Long Journey to V8 Awesomeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everywhere I'm finding decent info (outside of here)...Vince is there putting everyone straight!

Amazing

Comment

Seems some knowledgeable converters are guarding the solution (fair enough - they've put in the hours) but I found the above article's author reply to the same question.

Since I wrote that article I have discovered that the problem is actually a designed in feature (go figure) - the solution is to fit /connect/simulate the dash speed sensor. Depending o nthe project, a Mazda MX5/Miata gearbox in line speed sensor provides the required pulses. Just connect the spend sensor to earth.
      http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...with-ls400-ecu

So at least I know there's a solution.

However...I could just use the crown ECU which would work. They don't seem too much.

Alternatively...I could use a 3rd party one.

Way off that point (and I know there's more to it than my ramblings) but the research is throwing up lots of Qs

Comment

Originally posted by Sylux View Post
        Oh...and reading this:

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_info.html

Mine has those 4 x 2row plugs and is 89661-50160. Could be my luck that I've got the one that will cause issues with manual conversions! Digging deeper as we speak

Put your shovel back in the shed!

Any 1UZ engine/ECU will work with a manual gearbox.

Comment

Thanks Vince

So have you not experienced the rev limiting anomaly? Seems common but I see there's fixes anyways.

How's your current manual one coming? Am I right in thinking you used a 3rd party ECU? Last I read is it had a freak out (I've got that thread bookmarked ). Did it get sorted?

Comment

Thanks Vince

So have you not experienced the rev limiting anomaly? Seems common but I see there's fixes anyways.

Never happend to me.

How's your current manual one coming? Am I right in thinking you used a 3rd party ECU? Last I read is it had a freak out (I've got that thread bookmarked ). Did it get sorted?
            It has the same manual 'box as your truck.
            The original Lexus ECU immobilised itself and wouldn't unlock even though I had the correct key and key reader.
            It has one of these ECUs now.........

http://www.spitronics.co.za/shop/ind...products_id=26
            It still needs setting up, but theres more engine mods to come first.

It's on the back burner at the moment while I get these other two out of the way.

Comment

Is that Russian currency? So the normal one is around £75 and that one was around £95?

Comment

Is that Russian currency? So the normal one is around £75 and that one was around £95?
                South African Rand.

Works out roughly £350 delivered.

Comment

Ah...was excited for a moment

Comment

Originally posted by andyverran View Post
                    Nice one Sy...

Out of curiosity, gold or silver badges on the back? Silly question but the gold ones were a horridly expensive option and actually plated with gold....

Internet B/S I'm affraid.

You can get after market gold plated emblems though.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      Internet B/S I'm affraid.

You can get after market gold plated emblems though.
                      Your probably right, i can't ask the chap i used to know that bought some as I'm not dating his daughter anymore

they are out there in the world though:
                      http://www.goldgenie.com/is300-p-155.html

Comment

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on the clutch part of the conversion. It's a huge amount of the cost so I'm looking to get it out of the way asap.

I was pointed in the direction of a few kits by Vince.

One is a hydraulic system and the other is the usual fork system.

Both add up to roughly the same price. The guy who sells the hydraulic system has been fantastic in my email conversations and has really instilled the confidence I have in him.

Both work out similarly priced (when everything is included) and both look like similar amounts of work.

What are people's thoughts? Maybe I'm just talking to Vince, here, as he has the real-world experience.

Comment

If I was doing a manual conversion for myself, I would go for the hydraulic throw out bearing. (ToyotaV8.com)?
                          No need for the slave cylinder then, which can be troublesome.

Comment

The guy has been great to talk to. He pretty much echoes what you say.

I'm thinking it would be worthwhile replacing the MC though, while I'm on?

It was this one (although I'd need the different kit): http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Rxx-Seri...-0000-0018.htm

Comment

The guy has been great to talk to. He pretty much echoes what you say.

I'm thinking it would be worthwhile replacing the MC though, while I'm on?

It was this one (although I'd need the different kit): http://www.1uzfeswapkit.com/Rxx-Seri...-0000-0018.htm
                              I would re-new the master cylinder.

The R134 gearbox has a longer input shaft than the R151, so make sure you order the correct one.

Comment

Yeh, like I say...it's a different one. I've gone over it with him (I looked into it and found the dimensions) and says this adapter is the one and the throw-out is slightly different (and twice as much!) and requires a spacer.

Seems great quality...but then I'm not the best judge of that

Comment

Working...
                                X