No announcement yet.

Karma Supra's HiLex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice looks the part! guess that wont be getting muddy in a hurry! its great when the works you have done yourself pays off!
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Could be a gap in the market for doing conversions...
      Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I have done the engine swap i will do it for £2k
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=55797

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy77 View Post
          I have done the engine swap i will do it for £2k
          What about free digs for the weekend, free beer and as many bacon butties as you can eat.

Hope you are well pal.
          Brian

Comment

Exhaust

Karma,
            On your exhaust system, have you used any flexy joints at all? Also, where did you get your exhaust parts from? Did you weld it up yourself?
            Cheers

Comment

wow this this is awesome!the exhaust is a work of art!
              [B][FONT="Impact"]Cut my way in...weld my way out![/FONT][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimagtr21 View Post
                Karma,
                On your exhaust system, have you used any flexy joints at all? Also, where did you get your exhaust parts from? Did you weld it up yourself?
                Cheers
                Hiya, There are no flex points (there weren't on the LS400....) the parts are all sourced from Ebay, 2.25" pipework. the Cat flange was a bugger to get so I cleaned up and reused the original ones, they were in remarkably good shape.

Most here probably won't bother with the cats anyway, but the VVTi management throws a wobbly without. Yes it was designed and built by myself and a pal that's a good welder... he deserves the lions share of the credit!

Its pretty loud

Originally posted by Paul ssrg View Post
                wow this this is awesome!the exhaust is a work of art!
                Thanks Paul, high praise indeed as it looks like you have done some handy work yourself!

Updates:

I pulled the sump off the gearbox a few weeks back, removed the valve train and shimmed the shift accumulators 8mm, raised the overall gearbox line pressure, fitted a new TC lockup solenoid (it turns out the old one was ok, the gearbox is just a little tired) and put two loads of fresh gearbox oil in, with some Lucas "non slip" additive that the supra lot swear by for longevity/ handling power

I adjusted the line pressure cable so it was a little more aggressive, and it definitely pulls a little harder and shifts a little crisper now.

I also have fitted some new Depo crystal headlights, sidelights, and bumper lights, and some uprated bulbs, it now looks a lot sharper at the front, and I can see at night! (I have pics on my home PC, but I'm stuck in a hotel at the other end of the country)

Also I really need an LSD.
                More Lift.
                More Tyres.
                More Engine.

Comment

a supra or soarer lsd in standard form shouldnt be too hard to get...then just get a rebuild kit for it.I know lads who have done this with corolla factory lsd's(gt coupe) and they rckon they were better than any of the top end like kaaz,cusco etc

Comment

a supra or soarer lsd in standard form shouldnt be too hard to get...then just get a rebuild kit for it.I know lads who have done this with corolla factory lsd's(gt coupe) and they rckon they were better than any of the top end like kaaz,cusco etc
                    I have a JZA-70R (Supra twin turbo R) torsen diff unit sitting in my garage....

I've been hunting about for a decent Landcruiser Prado rear axle.. with the Non E locker and ABS, so I can rebuild that to have a (working) LSD, and benefit fro the rear disk brakes..

Not to many about though, they are all E lockers!
                    More Lift.
                    More Tyres.
                    More Engine.

Comment

you could be looking for some hens teeth there man!

Comment

you could be looking for some hens teeth there man!
                        Picked it up yesterday
                        More Lift.
                        More Tyres.
                        More Engine.

Comment

yey! you must be pleased finding it, looking forwards to see the results
                          the wolf is always bigger when you are scared!!

Comment

I am loving this build. It gives me hope for when I kill the derve

What mpg are you getting out of interest or is that not to be asked.....

Comment

If you have to ask don't do it

Comment

as I thought. I will begin operation ''sell it to the missis on the LPG conversion.''

A hard sell but one I am willing to attempt

Comment

Working...
                                X