Devils Pit 15th January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devils Pit 15th January

It's only an hour away from me so I might pop up for a thrash. Anybody want to come along and show me how it's done?
    Desperate to get it dirty now, I keep wandering around my local woods trying to find a way in! Naughty boy.

Ha ha! I was exactly the same, couldn't even drive past a bumpy field without the desire to drive across it. Where is devils pit ?

Comment

Barton le Clay in Bedfordshire. MK45 4LG is the post code.

devilspit.co.uk

Comment

All set to go, anyone fancy?

Comment

oh b@ll@ks..

would be great to go, but am away that week.

Let us know for the next outing and take lots of pics!

Comment

After the first time, I go quite regularly now. Today was the first time I took any decent pics. Love it! Getting 33's this week!!

Me pullin a shogun out.

Didn't work so out came a rarther too good shogun to help.

Have a couple of good videos, will they work ok here?

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
              oh b@ll@ks..

would be great to go, but am away that week.

Let us know for the next outing and take lots of pics!
              Going again 20th may, fancy that one? Be aware though, it's not nice to your car!

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
                Going again 20th may, fancy that one? Be aware though, it's not nice to your car!
                Nice looking Truck, was it still in one piece at the end of the day?

Still a no go mate. As lightning fast as Vince works I doubt Lexurf IX will be back by then and even when it is, it'd be best to keep it clean......... for a while at least.

Any trips set for Sept-Oct onwards though, let us know.

Comment

Click for vid.

Last edited by Sammyk; 23 April 2012, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwakka666 View Post
                    Nice looking Truck, was it still in one piece at the end of the day?

Still a no go mate. As lightning fast as Vince works I doubt Lexurf IX will be back by then and even when it is, it'd be best to keep it clean......... for a while at least.

Any trips set for Sept-Oct onwards though, let us know.
                    Defo mate, trying to do them all, massive fun!

Cars fine, can stand most the Devil has to offer, probably more capable than the MOUNTAIN of disco's there......... with 33's on it will be unstoppable, with a V8 in yours it will immense!
                    It will ruin the cosmetics of the car and also be prepared to power wash the rad every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyk View Post
                      On the 20th May it is my birthday,so we are thinking to join you .We'll let you know .

Comment

Sounds good. Come on guys, let's battle the landies!

Comment

re devils pit

I've only just brought my surf, i would be to worried to put a dent in it after looking at those vids. still looked well fun tho.

Comment

Devil's pit is an awesome day out but be warned:

Clay is awful to your car. It's not until 6 months later when the bearings start to go, pipework starts to rot, metal work starts to get eaten away under the car where clay has been sitting damp eating away and when you come to modify anything be prepared for a face full or dry clay. Expect nuts to round off where they've gone strangely more rusty.

I've been a number of times in both Surfs and I also have a modified Vitara and it will eat your car. the temptation is to go one step further than you should (even the mostly strongly motivated will find that difficult once you start seeing what a surf caan do but they are not indestructable!).

It's actually quite good fun to go watch other people, but to really enjoy it to the max you need a roll cage and harness or you'll get bored pretty quick especially after you have spent weeks cleaning your car to find it doesn't come off underneath.

Last time I was there half the routes weren't marked and you can easily take a wrong turn and get stuck just trying to back out. It was full of pikeys and scrap merchants who were using it as a racetrack.

Not meant as a put off although I am sure it sounds like it - it's just a case of pointing out things that aren't obvious when you casually just turn up. If the surf is your only car and you are not made of money, it's not for you!

<EDIT> And I forgot to mention - just because people shout confident advice at you doesn't mean it's right! On a number of occasions I've had absolutely useless advice hurled at me by people that looked like they SHOULD know what they were talking about but clearly didn't have a clue! A lot of them have more money than sense OR have disposable cars and THEIR attitude to getting out of something "the right way" may be entirely different to yours if you need to drive home</EDIT>
                            Last edited by andy_enuff; 11 December 2012, 19:55.
                            ======
                            Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Oh, and don't forget that your UJs will dimish quicker and without any breathers that clay water will do lots of interesting things to your diffs and gearbox.... and.... seap into all your seals and act like super fine sandpaper on them all, causing leaks all over the place over time that you won't be able to get the dirt out of even with a jetwash so they have to be replaced.

Just speaking from exprience!
                              ======
                              Just gotta finish doing the next mod...

Comment

Working...
                              X