rear seat belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear seat belts

hi, i bought a 1990 hilux surf jap import. the question i have is the rear seats have lap belts, is there back seats that have 3 point belts. i have 2 young kids and lap belts are not safe enough for them. does any one know or have any ideas how to solve my problem. thanks

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=145 6th and 7th items down, you will need to get the two pieces of trim that replace the blanking plates in the rear side trim panels to finish it off nicely. Could try toyota for them new, i'll look up a part no tomorrow for you if i remember or get them from a breaker.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Hi there buddy

Try your local Toyota dealership , had that problem with my old girl ,
      they supplied the belts and the trim thingy had to wait a few days as they
      came from the netherlands of all places . you cant use your chassis no.
      as that will come back as lap belts , they used one from a year newer to link
      up the right bits and interior colour code .

Only takes an hour to fit them , the fiddly bit is getting the rear trim off with
      out breaking the fixings .

Chris
      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=11&cid=145 6th and 7th items down, you will need to get the two pieces of trim that replace the blanking plates in the rear side trim panels to finish it off nicely. Could try toyota for them new, i'll look up a part no tomorrow for you if i remember or get them from a breaker.
        thanks mate for the info i found them on toyotahilux.com.

Comment

forgot about this thread, the part no's to replace the blanking plates in the side trim of the boot are:-

LHS= 73375-89101-xx
          RHS= 73373-89101-xx

the EPC appears to use suffixes to determine the colour, replace -xx with
          -03 = grey
          -04 = blue

-?? = red (anyone know the suffix for red?)
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by poppy986
            Hi there buddy

Try your local Toyota dealership , had that problem with my old girl ,
            they supplied the belts and the trim thingy had to wait a few days as they
            came from the netherlands of all places . you cant use your chassis no.
            as that will come back as lap belts , they used one from a year newer to link
            up the right bits and interior colour code .

Only takes an hour to fit them , the fiddly bit is getting the rear trim off with
            out breaking the fixings .

Chris
            thanks poppy ordered them off toyotahilux.com. question for you, the 4 wheel drive sign flashes on sometimes when in low grear would you know the fault thanks seamus

Comment

roughtrax sell them

Comment

Working...
              X