stickers/decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
    They don't offer any physical safety. It's really to let those people who don't adhere to the tailgating laws know you have kids (or dogs in your example) on board. Hopefully they are decent enough humans to back off.

You can buy them but most are for internal sticking and I have black windows.

I see. I wonder how much they actually deter tailgating...by the time someone is close enough to read it they probably already too close ( as in safe "breaking distance")...still, they can always back off... I guess they are a bit of a psychological tool, to instill some guilt, hoping that someone who is driving quite recklessly might change their ways, by thinking of the eventuality of kids or pets getting hurt. Worth a try.
    Anyway, now I know, Thanks
    Last edited by tashtego; 20 June 2013, 11:06.

Comment

• Originally posted by tashtego View Post
      I guess they are a bit of a psychological tool
      Very much so

But normally the yellow square (which can be seen from far back) is enough to let people know.

Comment

• BABY ON BOARD

The real reason is a bit more morbid...

If you have a bad crash, heaven for bid, it alerts the firecrew to look for a thrown or trapped baby... which could easily be missed. It is recommended to remove the sign if you are not carrying an infant for exactly the opposite reason.
        "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
        www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

• stickers

just had a quick read through last few pages err dare i ask animal how much for a www.hilux surf forum sticker? in white lettering if pos? not wanting a massive windscreen one but one to "fit" bottom of my back window please also can you inbox me a reply as i prob wont be reading this thread again way too much negative vibes in here thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by deadeye7916 View Post
            just had a quick read through last few pages err dare i ask animal how much for a www.hilux surf forum sticker? in white lettering if pos? not wanting a massive windscreen one but one to "fit" bottom of my back window please also can you inbox me a reply as i prob wont be reading this thread again way too much negative vibes in here thanks
            You might be better off looking for him on the Mitsi L200 forum as he is rarely over here these days since buying his pickup

Comment

• ah ok thanks for letting me no.

Comment

• Hi mate .
                I can do one no problem . I can't pm you as you don't have the option showing .

Thanks Andy for letting him know . I do still lok in on here but not as much as I did lol

If you email me scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com with the sizes and I'll give you a price.
                Animal
                PayPal for stickers : scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by animal View Post
                  Hi mate .
                  I can do one no problem . I can't pm you as you don't have the option showing .

Thanks Andy for letting him know . I do still lok in on here but not as much as I did lol

If you email me scuffsnscrapes@hotmail.com with the sizes and I'll give you a price.
                  Animal
                  I know, you never came and did my paint work either

Comment

• thank you for taking time to reply animal i havent got that function [private message] either, have emailed you today.

Comment

• Originally posted by tashtego View Post
                      What are these stickers for? I have seen similar ones around, such as "baby on board", "dog on board" etc. How do they help with safety? Genuine question.
                      Cheers
                      They have nothing to do with safety but are a tool used by "tools" to abuse other drivers into backing off from there own car due to their own incompetence behind the wheel.

The drivers with these stickers in their cars generally have no spatial awareness or any idea of the other vehicles around them and will bully and tailgate anyone in front of them, in other words exactly what they are trying to stop those behind from doing to them!

I state this from observation having driven trucks for 20yrs, the doctors service and taxi driving the last 4yrs.

Comment

• What a load of tosh.

BTW...when people tailgate me I get out and confront. Hate that shit. But yeh..."tools"

But hey...I bought an inferior product, rightfully complained and now every time some wannabe fav comes in the thread it's open season. Not once realising the irony of sticking their nose into a non-event makes them the worse of all.

It's ####ing sticker for ####'s sake.

Get over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylux View Post
                          It's ####ing sticker for ####'s sake.

Get over it.

Try taking your own advice!

You went and bought a sticker cheap thinking you would save money and discovered the hard way why it was cheap.

Stop whining about it,
                          Grow a set,
                          Admit you made a mistake,
                          and move on

and then the rest of us will soon forget and stop winding you up..........maybe!!!
                          Last edited by YetiChris; 12 March 2014, 00:46.

Comment

• It was last year. 9 months ago. Maybe check the times on the posts before playing the clever one, accusing someone to "Stop whining about it" when it's what you're doing...9 months on!

BTW: I got a perfect one done for nothing. So wrong again

Your trolling isn't going well for you, is it?
                            Last edited by Sylux; 12 March 2014, 01:01.

Comment

• Sylex I suggest you take your own advice and check the timeline!

My post was made in reply to "Tashtego" NOT YOU!!!

My comment was about the type of people that place the yellow stickers in the back of their car windows not about getting stickers made.

I made that comment in reply to your post but instead of ignoring my original comment you got all defensive and dragged up the past.....9 months on!

Comment

• Right'o.

Comment

Working...
                                X