Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate electric window problem

Hey guys,

I have a 3.0 hilux surf. My tailgate electric window comes down no problem at all but when i try to raise it back up sometimes it won't move at all or it moves a little way and then stops. It is very sporadic as to when it will close and I usually have to mess about with turning the ignition on and off a few times to get it to fully close over about 4 or 5 attempts.

Is this a common problem or a problem anyone else has had or can help me with.

Many thanks guys!

Common problem

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthrea...ow+madcampbell
    Сви можемо

Comment

Yup, common enough with these motors, if you need one i have a full regulator assembly in the cellar going spare

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
        Thanks ever so much!

Comment

Originally posted by hardtofin View Post
          Hey guys,

I have a 3.0 hilux surf. My tailgate electric window comes down no problem at all but when i try to raise it back up sometimes it won't move at all or it moves a little way and then stops. It is very sporadic as to when it will close and I usually have to mess about with turning the ignition on and off a few times to get it to fully close over about 4 or 5 attempts.

Is this a common problem or a problem anyone else has had or can help me

Many thanks guys!
          Mine does the same but before you start replacing the motor or relay check the power connecting wire and the attachment cap on the back of the tail gate key switch. The contacts inside the cap wear. Search on the forum for keyswitch problem posted by me.

Here
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66109
          Last edited by axelgs1; 17 August 2017, 18:47.

Comment

Working...
          X